Why is it that people who try certain diets end up where they started? Why is it that people cannot go on with their diets and achieve the body and health that they’ve always wanted?
Well, according to Dr. Rivas, it is because people get bored and it is also because most diets are highly restricted. Because of these two reasons, people lose sight of their original goal, and that is to lose weight while on a certain diet plan.
Today, we are going to talk about a really cool-sounding diet that I know a lot of people will be interested in. I am talking about the Cheater’s diet.
Now, aside from the catchy name, what makes the cheater’s diet appealing? Well, it is because people who are on a diet always have a cheat day just to make them stick with it. But, with the Cheater’s diet, they will not only have a cheat day, but they will have two cheat days!
The proponent for this diet is Dr. Rivas. He found out that most people do not stick to their diets because of heavy calorie-restriction and boredom. Because of those two things, he has devised a diet plan that is specifically catered for people who want to have more than one cheat days during the week.
So, are you interested to know more about the Cheater’s diet? Here is the most important information you need if you want to follow the Cheater’s diet:
- Weekend Cheating- People who try different diets know that they have to eat clean most days of the week and allot a day to eat whatever they want. But, Dr. Rivas’ diet plan actually encourages you to have two cheat days per week, specifically during Saturday and Sunday. You can gorge on your favorite foods and not feel guilty about it. Dr. Rivas reasoned that these 2-day cheat days are necessary so that your metabolism will remain at peak levels. This means that you will not experience any weight plateaus because you will feed your body well during these 2 cheat days.
- Eat within Reason- The idea of having 2 cheat days really is enticing, but make sure to eat within reason. What I mean is that you have to eat within a certain amount of calories still. For example, if you’ve eaten 1,600 calories per day during the weekdays, you can eat as much 2,000 calories on the weekend cheat days. You can eat pizza, ice cream, and whatever foods you’ve been wanting to eat, just make sure to keep track of the calories still.
- Eat 5 times a Day- This diet is centered not on starvation, but eating good and healthy foods. Dr. Rivas said that you have to eat 5 times a day: 3 meals and 2 snacks. This way, your body does not go in starvation mode and you will actually burn more calories because of it.
- 9 A.M to 9 P.M- You can “cheat” on weekends starting from 9 AM on Saturdays until 9 PM on Sundays. You can eat whatever you want so long as you do not exceed 2,500 calories. This way, you can enjoy being on the diet plan without ever getting bored.
- Eat Clean During Weekdays- Since there are 2 cheat days, and they are on weekends, you have to eat clean during weekdays. As to what foods you should eat, strive to eat lean protein, fruits, and vegetables, and a quarter of whole grains. Fill your plate with half of the total fruits and vegetables and a quarter of each whole grain and lean protein.
If you’re the type of person that doesn’t want to be calorie-restricted way too much, then the Cheater’s diet is definitely for you!